This post contains affiliate links.
All photos were captured by Martina for Flytographer in San Diego. In the month of October, use code KATHERINEFOX to get $50 off your Flytographer session!
Happpppppy Columbus Day! Totally kidding – the real holiday here is my birthday. 😉🥂 This morning I jumped from my twenties right into my thirties. I woke up before the sun, slapped on some Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks, and kept my birthday tradition alive by watching the sunrise on the beach. It was beautiful and peaceful, exactly how my heart is feeling.
Entering my thirties doesn’t just feel like a fresh chapter, it feels like a brand new book. I get all the blank pages and I’m excited to fill them up! I’m dedicating the whole thing to those sweet years of 1989 – 2019. I have seen and done more in 30 years than some people do in a lifetime, but I’ve also learned some of the hardest and most heart-wrenching lessons along the way. But that’s the rollercoaster of life and instead of burying my head in the ground and avoiding the pain, I’ve embraced it all. I can genuinely say that I know myself better at 30 than ever before. And for that, I’m forever thankful.
Also check out: 13 Life-Changing Trips I Took Before Blogging
As I sloooooowly ease my way back into blogging, I thought a light-hearted post with 30 little random facts about me would be a fun way to kick off the beginning of this new decade.
30 Little Random Facts About Me
- I was born at 4:15am and my Mom says I woke up at 4:15am every day for the first 6 months of my life. I’m still a morning person, but not that early.
- I’m a Libra sun and Aries moon, which are very opposite signs. It all makes sense now.
- My very first job was at Starbucks and I didn’t like coffee. Now, it’s my best friend in the mornings. My go-to Starbucks order is a Venti cold brew with a splash of almond milk. I can even drink my coffee black now.
- I’m the middle child. My sister is 2.5 years older than me and my brother is 2 years younger than me.
- My childhood best friend lived with my family for almost a decade.
- I’ve never seen the movie, The Godfather. This upsets some people.
- My very first car was a bright blue Mazda RX-8. I was really cool and obviously needed all of the attention.
- I’m equally awed by space and the ocean.
- I’ve literally cried, multiple times, while looking at the moon. I was usually drunk AF, but I’m an emotional person. 🌙
- Fall is my favorite season. October is the best month of all, of course.
- I studied Interpersonal/Organizational Communications in college. I always shorten it to “Communications” when I’m asked what I majored in. I minored in Film.
- I broke my collar bone riding my dirt bike when I was 12. My poor Mom.
- I’ll choose bread over dessert any day. And I’ll choose a cocktail over bread if I must choose, but life is too short to choose. 🍸
- I played the piano when I was a kid. I will absolutely learn to play it again.
- I interned during the summer of my senior year of college with a celebrity PR company in Los Angeles. I also realized celebrity PR wasn’t for me.
- When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a writer. I would bring notebooks with me everywhere and write short stories.
- I absolutely love going to the movies by myself. Mostly because it means I don’t have to share my popcorn.
- I’m oddly self-conscious about my ears, but I’m getting better with age. Like, literally in every way possible. 😉
- I have nine piercings. Eight of them are in my ears and I still have my belly button pierced which is slightly embarrassing, but I guess not embarrassing enough to take it out.
- Popcorn and wine is my favorite combination. Add in some cookie dough bites and I’m on cloud nine. 🍿🍷
- I have zero tattoos, but I know if I ever get one it will be a fox. 🦊
- I’ve been skydiving twice. I’ll probably never do it again, but everyone should do it once.
- Not only did I have braces for three years, but I’ve also had Invisalign. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for putting up with me always trying to perfect my smile.
- I smile at random people because I love it when people smile back.
- I love sarcastic and dry humor. If you can make me laugh, I’m your biggest fan.
- I blush super easily, but I’ve learned to embrace it. I’ll usually call myself out before someone else can.
- As a kid, I did everything from ballet and horseback riding to racing dirt bikes and competitive cheerleading. I discovered running in college and it led me to doing a few triathlons.
- I signed up for a half Ironman and I’m not really sure what I was thinking. I mean, I wasn’t. The tequila signed me up.
- I have a thing for remembering birthdays and dates in general. If I semi-like you (and you’ve told me your birth date before), then I probably know your birthday off the top of my head. 🎈
- I’m visiting my 30th country later this week. Any guesses on where it will be?!
Here’s to 30 ❤️
Cheers to 30! I hope these random little facts about me gave you some insight into the goofy, wild, and embarrassing side of me. As I said, there’s seriously nothing better about being 30 than being more in tune with who I am as a person. Drop a comment and let me know a little something about you or something we have in common!