Cheers to the weekend, friends! This is the last weekend of June! Crazy, right?! Monday will be a new week and a new month with all new opportunities. You may not be keeping tabs on my Wine Not Weekend Chat schedule, but I’m still aiming to get one out once a month. It might be the very last weekend of the month, but that works for Chapter 003. Better late than never!
Since the last chat, I headed out on a 10 day solo trip to Sedona and San Diego. I enjoyed it more than I thought possible. In fact, if you know me in real life, you know I’m kind of addicted to that wanderlust feeling right now. I literally refuse to slow down this summer. I’m being selfish and letting go of the guilt. I’m making plans, booking flights, and saying ‘yes’ to whatever my gut tells me to do. I’ve had mixed reactions from people and I’ve realized that’s okay. They don’t have to understand my journey and they don’t even have to support it. I’m living my life. (Why is that so exhilarating to even type out?!) There will be more coming up on the blog all about my solo adventures, but for now, check out How to Spend 3 Days in Sedona, Arizona!
What I’m Sipping On:
Rosé. All the rosé. Since writing about 9 rosés to sip on this summer, I currently only have one bottle of rosé left in my fridge. 😬 I’m telling you, it’s my favorite thing to sip on this time of year. Rosé is such a delicious and refreshing wine to sip on throughout the warmer months of the year. Maybe it’s the blush pink color or the crisp, fruity flavors, but it just tastes like summer. Are you a fan of rosé?!
It’s the summer of Disney! As a Disney World Annual Passholder that has blackout dates throughout the summer, I couldn’t be happier about all of the Disney movies hitting the big screen this summer. And let’s be honest, getting my Disney fix in an air-conditioned movie theater is a little more enjoyable than battling the crowds in 100 degree weather in Orlando. Just sayin’.
I eagerly awaited the live-action Disney classic that came to theaters in May. Aladdin was colorful and fun, sprinkled with nostalgia and magic. Will Smith as the Genie went above and beyond my expectations. Some of the funniest and most charming moments of the movie were brought to life by the Genie. Aladdin, as expected, was big and grand with dazzling costumes and sets. A perfect family movie for summer.
Toy Story 4
I prepared myself for all the tears in Toy Story 4. I mean I still cry when I watch Toy Story 3. Haha, but while Toy Story 4 wasn’t as much as a tear jerker, it was still filled with heartfelt moments and some of the cutest humor. Woody and his friends were a part of my childhood so it’s fun seeing a whole new generation get to experience them in the theaters, too!
The Lion King
Next up will be The Lion King and it comes out in just a few weeks! The Lion King has always been a movie I can watch over and over again. With a star-studded cast bringing the characters to life, I have high expectations for this one-of-a-kind story.
And to top off a summer of Disney, I just learned that Mary Poppins Returns is set to air on Netflix starting July 9th! This should be added to everyone’s summer date night at home list. Check out some of the cutest quotes from Mary Poppins Returns!
Just a quick-fire list of some of my favorite things this summer, so far!
- Foods: I’m loving all the fruit right now and I have a smoothie literally every single day for lunch.
- Drinks: Aside from the rosé, cold brew is my go-to. And, I finally feel like an adult because I don’t add any sweetener to it, just a little cream!
- Music: Shawn Mendes can do no wrong in my eyes. Marshmello is my favorite Pandora station to listen to during workouts right now.
- Books: I’m currently reading Michelle Obama’s, Becoming, and Chelsea Handler’s, Life Will Be the Death of Me.
- TV Shows: I’m a sucker for Southern Charm, Big Little Lies, and The Handmaid’s Tale. Stranger Things comes back on July 4th!
- Accessories: I love a cute kimono to throw on over swimsuits and I’m totally hopping on board with the fun hair clips!
- Vacation Destination: Summertime always makes me want to visit Gatlinburg, Tennessee because we did so many times when I was a kid. And if you’re looking for a last-minute tropical destination, put Hotel Mousai on your list!
- Blog: It can be tough for me to keep up a consistent schedule. I’m the type of person that really has to feel what I’m creating. On top of that, I take pride in creating original, fun, and educational content. So while my posting schedule can be a bit sporadic, I’m still committing to 4-5 posts per month. Travel posts are the easiest for me to write about, but tell me something you’d love to see more of on here!
- Travels: I’m sticking to some solo adventures across the United States. As part of my 30 Before 30 Bucket List, I still want to explore a couple of new states. I plan on catching as many amazing summer sunsets as possible.
- Fitness: Summertime in Florida can actually be the season where you lose motivation to get outside. Unless you’re by a body of water, it can be kind of miserable. I’m talking heat and humidity so high that you’ll break into a sweat just walking from your car to Target. As someone that loves to workout outdoors, that summer heat can suck. So this summer I’m adding a swimming routine back into my workouts and I am so excited! My first Wine Not Weekend Chat talked about how I started riding my road bike again. Who knows, maybe I’ll finally get myself to sign up for a triathlon this summer.
- Personal: Daily journaling and meditation have been helping with my anxiety. I hope to stick to those healthy habits while still seeing my amazing therapist on a regular basis.
Leaving You With A Little Inspiration
“If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.”
All I can say is that if there’s something inside of you that’s telling you to do something that scares the shit out of you, listen to it. Figure out where it’s coming from, what’s triggered it, and then feel it again. Now, does excitement sit next to that fear? Do you get butterflies and anxious feelings at the same time? If so, your body is trying to tell you something. You can expect to see a little more of this topic in future posts, but that’s all for now.